Max group size:
August 20 - August 28 2018
1 day flight / 1 day 4WD / 5 days trekking / 1 day 4WD / 1 day flight
Includes return flights from Brisbane to Birdsville, flying over the Channel Country and western Queensland
We continue our study of Munga-Thirri (big sandhill) country in 2018, this time exploring in the Conservation Park in South Australia. This will be the first time that we have visited this area of the desert and we are particularly looking forward to documenting the flora & fauna in the dune field as it morphs from red country to white country.
Although only 5 days of trekking, the data collected from this survey will be an important addition to the preceding Eastern White Dunes Expedition and following Southern White Dunes Expedition.
THIS SURVEY IS RATED AS MODERATE
See here for a guide.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
We will issue you with a comprehensive Survey Information Guide that details everything you need to know about what to bring and what to expect on your trek. This will be sent to you both as a PDF document and printed hard copy.
DO I NEED TRAVEL INSURANCE?
Yes, travel insurance is compulsory.
- Scheduled domestic flight from Brisbane to Birdsville
- Accommodation in Birdsville prior to/after the expedition. Please note: This may be twin or triple share accommodation
- Scheduled domestic flight from Birdsville to Brisbane
- All specialist safety equipment & communications
- Swags & tents
- Trek kit bag for your personal gear
- Desert silence!
- Your flights from Brisbane and any other transport in Brisbane before/after the survey
- Accommodation and meals in Brisbane
- Personal trekking equipment you may wish to use such as walking poles etc
- Eating and drinking utensils
- Sleeping bag, sheets & pillowcase. (You need to bring these items and they will be put into our swag)
- Day pack
You must notify us upon booking if you have any known medical and/or food allergies.
GETTING TO THE SURVEY
The camel team will be in South Australia in the Simpson Desert. You will fly via scheduled domestic service from Brisbane to Birdsville and stay in Birdsville that night.
The next day you will transfer to the camel camp via 4WD.
The return journey is the reverse.
Information about what to bring etc is contained in the SURVEY INFORMATION GUIDE which is issued upon booking
Booking Office - BackTrack Adventures ~ Telephone 1300 669 780 or 07 3850 7655 ~ 222A Barry Parade Fortitude Valley Queensland 4006 ~ email@example.com
© 2018 Australian Desert Expeditions Limited ACN 134 680 434 ABN 80 134 680 434 Registered Australian Environmental Organisation
site by firstname.lastname@example.org