THIS SURVEY IS RATED AS DEMANDING
See here for a guide.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
We will issue you with a comprehensive Expedition Information Guide that details everything you need to know about what to bring and what to expect on your trip. This will be sent to you both as a PDF document and printed hard copy.
DO I NEED TRAVEL INSURANCE?
Yes, travel insurance is compulsory.
- Domestic flight from Adelaide to Olympic Dam
- Charter flight from Olympic Dam to Poeppel Corner
- Domestic flight from Birdsville to Brisbane
- All specialist safety equipment & communications
- Swags & tents
- Trek kit bag for your personal gear
- Desert silence!
- Your flights to Adelaide and any other transport in Adelaide prior to the expedition
- Your flights from Brisbane and any other transport in Brisbane after the expedition
- Accommodation and meals in Adelaide and Brisbane
- Personal trekking equipment you may wish to use such as walking poles etc
- Eating and drinking utensils
- Sleeping bag, sheets & pillowcase. (You need to bring these items and they will be put into our swag)
- Day pack
You must notify us upon booking if you have any known medical and/or food allergies.
GETTING TO THE SURVEY
The camel team will be in the Northern Territory. You will fly via scheduled and charter aircraft from Adelaide to Poeppel Corner and then transfer via 4WD to the camel camp. Your flights will fly over the southern Simpson Desert including the extensive salt lake system, the Kallakoopah Creek, the Warburton River, Lake Eyre-Kati Thanda, and part of the Tirari Desert.
The return transfer will be via 4WD from near Eyre Creek to Birdsville, then on the scheduled domestic service from Birdsville to Brisbane.
Information about what to bring etc is contained in the EXPEDITION INFORMATION GUIDE which is issued upon booking
IMPORTANT! PLEASE NOTE
Apart from vegetarian or vegan diets, we only cater for dietary allergies and not preferences.
The survey is definitely not the place or time to 'try out a new diet' regime!
We may ask for a medical certificate detailing any known allergies.