THIS SURVEY IS RATED AS MODERATE
See here for a guide.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
We will issue you with a comprehensive Expedition Information Guide that details everything you need to know about what to bring and what to expect on your trip. This will be sent to you both as a PDF document and printed hard copy.
DO I NEED TRAVEL INSURANCE?
Yes, travel insurance is compulsory.
- Scheduled domestic flight from Brisbane to Birdsville
- Accommodation in Birdsville prior to the expedition. Please note: This may be twin or triple share accommodation
- Scheduled domestic flight from Birdsville to Brisbane
- All specialist safety equipment & communications
- Swags & tents
- Trek kit bag for your personal gear
- Desert silence!
- Your flights from Brisbane and any other transport in Brisbane before/after the expedition
- Accommodation and meals in Brisbane
- Personal trekking equipment you may wish to use such as walking poles etc
- Eating and drinking utensils
- Sleeping bag, sheets & pillowcase. (You need to bring these items and they will be put into our swag)
- Day pack
You must notify us upon booking if you have any known medical and/or food allergies.
GETTING TO THE SURVEY
The camel team will be in South Australia in the Simpson Desert. You will fly via scheduled domestic service from Brisbane to Birdsville and stay in Birdsville that night.
The next day you will transfer to the camel camp via 4WD.
The return journey is the reverse.
FULL SURVEY NOTES WILL BE ISSUED WITH YOUR EXPEDITION INFORMATION GUIDE